There are a couple of things we want you to know.
Summary (This should be sufficient for most people. We want to keep this as quick and painless as possible.)
- Sometimes substitutions of flowers, pots, and vases are necessary, especially if you are in a hurry.
- We try our best to make same day deliveries, but don’t guarantee it. It is better for you and us if you give us a day or two. If you must have it today, don’t despair. Just send us a quick email. We will respond ASAP.
- Your order is not complete until we say it is complete! You will receive an automated email from our system that acknowledges that your order has been received. Receipt of the automated email does not mean that your order has been accepted. We will review your order and either confirm the order or inform you if there is a reason we cannot fill it as requested.
- Cancellations: In most cases, cancellations require at least 48 hours. Once we have purchased flowers for your order, there will be some deduction for refunds. All cancellations will have a 4% financial fee deducted from the refund.
- New Taipei City is not the same as Taipei City. Please note the districts of New Taipei City carefully.
- Additional delivery fees may be applied after the order is placed for remote and mountainous areas, notably Yangmingshan area.
- Use the special notes section for special instructions. Recipients receive a delivery slip with your name and contact information. If you wish to have that removed, you should note it here.
- Please double check your card message and include: a greeting (Dear Betty:), a message, and a closing (Love, Bob or Best wishes, Bob etc.) If you don’t include the recipient’s name or your name here, they won’t appear on the card. (Your name will still appear on the delivery slip, unless you specifically tell us to remove it.)
The longer version (For those with time):
1. Sometimes substitutions are necessary, especially if you are in a hurry: While we attempt to make every order as close as possible to the picture on our site, the availability of flowers varies from day to day. Therefore, we reserve the right to make substitutions of flowers, plants, pots, planters, and baskets if necessary. Many of the pots and planters are available to us only in small quantities. If the main attraction of an arrangement is the planter, it might be best to contact us before ordering or let us know in the notes that you would like to be notified if the planter is not available. If the arrangement will differ significantly from your order, we will contact you before delivering your arrangement providing you have given us sufficient time. In cases where orders are urgent we will use our best judgement.
2. We try our best to make same day deliveries, but don’t guarantee it: In most cases we are able to make deliveries in 24 hours or even on the same day. However, the more time you give us, the less chance of substitutions and delays. If you don’t NEED it today, please give us a day or two. This will reduce the chances of us having to make substitutions (See #1). If you DO need it today, we go all out to get it to you today. If we can’t do it, we will let you know as soon as we get your order. Please note that you should receive a personal email (in addition to the automated one) from us confirming your order. Your order is official when you have received this email.
3. Your order is not complete until we have confirmed that it is complete. Upon placing your order, you will receive an automated email acknowledging that we have received the order information. However, your order has not officially been accepted until we have reviewed it and confirmed that we can deliver it as requested. The most common reasons for us to reject an order are that it is outside of our delivery area or that it is received too late in the day for delivery. Occasionally, we are fully booked or lack the flowers for delivery of the selected product on the requested date. We try to review your orders and keep you informed as soon as possible after receiving your order.
4. Cancellations: In order to provide the freshest possible flowers, we primarily buy flowers for the orders we have placed. Therefore, if you place an order, we buy flowers specifically for your order. If we have purchased flowers for your order, we reserve the right to deduct some portion of the order cost from the refund to cover our cost. All cancellations will have a 4% financial fee deducted from the refund.
5. New Taipei City is not the same as Taipei City. Please note the districts of New Taipei City carefully: We deliver to Taipei city and the districts of Xizhi, Zhonghe, Yonghe, Xinzhuang, and Sanchong of Taipei City. (Please note that this is not all of New Taipei City.) If you do not see the area you wish to send flowers to on the shipping page, please contact us with the exact address by email or by phone at +886 (2) 8792-6740 and we can tell you how much the delivery will cost.
6. Additional delivery fees for remote and mountainous areas: Delivery fees are automatically calculated by our website based on the postal code. While this works for most orders, some postal codes cover huge areas that extend up into the mountains. For these areas, an additional delivery fee may be added. If believe the address you are delivering to may be in one of these areas, it would be best to inquire about the delivery fee in advance.
7.Use the special notes section for special instructions: If you wish to make minor modifications to arrangement (flower color, etc) or have any other special instructions, please indicate this in the special instructions portion of the order form. You can really help us out as well as ensure a problem free delivery by providing the following information:
- Are we delivering to a home or office? (This helps us to decide what time to deliver.)
- If we are delivering to a home, when is the person expected to be home?
- If they are not home when we get there, is there a security desk or is someone else, such as a family member, that is likely to be there to accept the flowers?
8. Please double check your card message: Please note that we will cut and paste your card message into the card without modification. Please note that if you don’t put the recipients name or your name in the card message box, they will not appear on the card. It’s not that we don’t want to be helpful, but some people leave the name off intentionally. Therefore, the only way for us to avoid making errors is by putting your card message exactly as you give it to us. (However, please note that your name does appear on a delivery slip. If you really don’t want the recipient to know who you are, you must tell us in the order notes. We can remove your name from the delivery slip.)
Thank you for ordering from Avignon Florist. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email or by telephone at +886 (2) 8792-6740. This is the shortened version of our terms, conditions, and privacy statement. You can see the full version here.